A politician whose son took a break from his family after complaining of significant and violent abuse has been driving media accusations against this site. Here are the facts:
- I had a 50 minute conversation with this young man, and never once told him to separate from his family.
- This young man was under the care and guidance of a professional therapist before, during and after his decision to take a break.
- With the support and guidance of his therapist, he tried to work things out with his family for some time after we talked, but his overtures were rejected.
- His therapist completely supported his decision to take a break from his family.
- I did not charge this young man a penny for any of my feedback, or books, or podcasts, or anything else.
- I did not have any contact with this young man after our brief conversation.
Freedomain Radio was recently featured in several newspaper articles.
The Globe and Mail - A quoted source for the recent Globe and Mail article about Freedomain Radio is the web site 'Liberating Minds' - Barbara Weed also posts there - click here for some other material from that site (warning: offensive language).
The Times - Tom and I offered to speak with Tom Whipple from The Times, on the explicit condition that the online and print versions contain a link to the entire interview, since being quoted out of context had been such a problem. Unfortunately, after procuring the interview, Mr. Whipple broke his agreement with us, notifying me only minutes before the online version came out that he was not going to honour his commitment. You can hear the complete audio of that interview here.